Friday, July 22, 2011

Back Again

Well, David Schechter has inspired me to start this up again. I'll try to keep the rants to a minimum - sorry Jessica, I know how you love my rants - give me a week though, I'll want to cold cock another company head by then!!!


I've been thinking lately, a few months away from 39, that perhaps I really should think about what I want the next stage of my life to be. I really don't want to be an executive assistant forever, even though I'm excellent at it. I think it's time for a real challenge, a new challenge, a new path. I just have to figure out what that is. I have been thinking about Project Management again. With my organization skills, I think I'd be naturally good at this.

I wonder, too, how difficult it would be to become an editor at this stage. Heaven knows (as well as a good number of my friends and colleagues) that I am a pretty good editor. But that is a long, hard road and I might be a bit to tired to walk it now. Maybe if I started small.

Anyway, things on my mind lately: the end of the shuttle program (depressing), the national debt (depressing), house cleaning (morbidly depressing), Nukes in Iran (terrifying), the last Harry Potter film (depressing) . . I need something happy, OH I KNOW - IT'S ACTUALLY COOLER TEMPS IN FL RIGHT NOW COMPARED TO CHICAGO!! Melt you unfortunate bastards!!! MUAHAHAHAHAA - or just come visit me!

Also, after much trying, my sister is PREGNANT - think GIRL everyone. I don't particularly want a nephew!

No comments: